Sunday 31 October 2010

Time is moving fast and the weekends dont seem to last...

Oh gosh, we appear to be running out of time - week by week at the minute.  Christmas is sneaking its way up on us - day by day at the moment and I cant seem to manage crafting, gardening and having the "damn cold virus" all at once.  I have been dosed up on paracetomal, cough medicine, chocolate and glue from all the things im trying to make whilst ill at the minute.  It sounds stupid but I'd much rather be at work feelig 100%  than at home, feeling sorry for myself - looking at Joe's mardy face and NOT having the energy to get on with Garening OR Crafting?!  Joe said there simply must be something wrong if I'm not even up for crafting?! 

I have come to the decision that whilst the NEW big Tescos is great and all - it aint that sparkling without the Pick N Mix stand?!  I called in there the other night to try and make myself feel better with some "nice-a-ties" and to my pure disgust the Pick N Mix stand was NO-where to be seen?! 
I said to the Tescos Lady "excuse me love, this new tescos is great but where is the Pick N Mix Machine?"
She Said "oooo thats a point?! hmmm I dont think they have set it up yet!"
I said "erm, they havent set it up yet?"
She said "no - cant believe they missed that one"
I thought to myself - "Why my Lovely - it's a good job I was raised and not "dragged up" or I would have had a damn right fit about my Friday night FIX not being available" :)  Might not have had a fit in the store but the poor car is wet through with the tears shed...

I was in NEED of something containg high sugar/calorie content so I decided to ask another lady in the SAME tescos - just in case the first Tescos Lady was asleep on the job - but no, seems she was awake and so was the second lady and I was the one asleep with no sugar :(

Anyway... it appears that petrol in the Micra goes along way compared to the BMW we used to have and I did a nice round trip of Sheffield to find my fix.  Good job - because without it, it appears I lose the gift of craft, gardening and the gab.

Sugared up, high on Glossy Accents and "weeds" from the garden - it appears I have managed some more goodies this weekend...


I have also SO proudly planted my first EverGreens... a Beautiful Cherry Laurel, Conifer and Holly Tree.  The drive is looking much more welcoming now...So where the hell are these Trick OR Treaters?!  I even have sweets ready and a pumpkin... Well a plastic one holding a Torch :) Co-Op had ran out - being a last minute decision to carve one this year. 

If these kids dont hurry up the sweets will have gone and we will have pressed "play" to watch the Poltergeist and I dont think I'll be answering the door once thats on... Eeeeekkkkk!

Happy Halloween my Little Lovelies! xxx

4 comments:

  1. OMG ARE YOU ON A SUGAR RUSH lol that was funny you have made a lovely plaque to say you are dying x sue aka mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. We haven't had any trick or treaters, which is very bad news for my Tummy, as I will now have to eat the tin of roses I had got ready.Love the Plaque, very creative. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my days WISH we had got Roses... it's all sweets in our house - I have banished them to Joe's office at work - hopefully the lads will finish them off!

    Chocolates would have stayed in the house though! I might come round trick or treating at yours in future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dare Tesco not have a pick n mix!Your post made me smile, enjoyed my visit. Hope you are feeling much better. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete