Wednesday 27 October 2010

Garden Crafting

A friend at work has taken me on as her little project I think... teaching me and guiding me in all she knows about Gardening.  I have managed to find someone who knows tons about gardening and is giving me any information, pots, tools, knowledge she has to spare! I am so excited... I am a total charity case as my mum can confirm but I have a hobby and the hobby needs to be fed, as do my plants and my eyes with crafting goodies!

Mum filled me up a carrier bag with goodies last night too - so I am totally thrilled as she has lent me her Gorjuss Girl stamps!  My fiance's best mate - John and his girlfriend - Tracey, came round at the weekend and she appeared to be blown away by some of the crafting goodies I have made recently as gifts for peeps this coming Christmas!
John phoned me after they had left our house - Saturday dinner time and said: "Lissy, do you take orders?"
I said "No, not from anyone - well except my Mum ;)"
He asked if I would take an order from him to make a Birthday Calendar for Tracey.
I am thrilled! My first customer - the same as the one they had seen in my front room.

I made a Birthday Calendar about a year ago to keep me up to date with everyone's birthdays, I find it easier to keep on top of them now, nagging mum for more birthday cards to be made up ASAP and showing off the family talents with cards for everyone!  The calendar just runs from Jan to December with dates, no years and no days, so it can be used over and over again each year. 

I finally started the Calendar last night and I even have a deadline to work too... Christmas.  OK so it's not a tight deadline BUT the nights are drawing in and it appears I am drawing and colouring in throughout the night also... :)

Good Job Joe has the new series of: Bones to watch ;)

4 comments:

  1. OMG you will want the bind it all as well is nothing sacred lol well done darl x mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful mum, sharing all her goodies with you. Very exciting when somebody asks you to make something for them, people know talent when they see it.Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Mum, I'm sorry, but you opened my eyes to the world of craft so technically it's all your fault... so no nothing is sacred, but has it ever actually been? :)

    Hi Sandra - she is a wonderful Mum, crafting and gardening has really filled a little hole in my life and made it feel all the more complete so mum is definately a wonderful mum - always has been x

    Thank you for your comments Sandra - i still need to figure out how i become a follower on this thing lol I need to follow you professional crafters! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree your Mum has a lot to answer too! I blame her for my Magnolia obsession!! lol Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete