Friday 8 October 2010

Outside and loving it...

I have started to make a mini cottage garden at home.  The Driveway is a bit "drab" - I mean great compared to what it was when it was actually herendous but now it needs colour and is lacking in style.  I have potted some winter flowering pansies with some Fabulously Brightly coloured Heather.  The heather is just white-heather sprayed with food colouring to give it some bright warming tones.  I have orange, green and yellow, which in some lights, looks slightly neon!  I have some gorgeous other wintery plants which I am yet to learn how to spell... so I'll pop them on later, but they are simply stunning and very white, making me think of snow falling already.

I have two hanging baskets currently hanging off one another, as I am awaiting my very talented: DIY/Handy-Fiance-Man to put me another hanging basket hook up... I would do this myself but I'm not strong enough to drill into the external house bricks... I hate having to rely on a man though - I would normally give everything a shot myself... but in this case no can do!  The hanging baskets do look as though they are meant to be styled in this way, they seem to replicate a waterfall hanging off each other, flower, after flower... so for the time being - I have purposefully styled them in this way ;)

I managed to find some very cheap trelis from Pound Stretcher already stained - which proved handy - for my Passion Flower Climber, which has taken off like a rocket already...

The fairy helps my flowers grow

I have also got myself a Winter Jasmine for the front driveway as I really wanted to see flowers in the winter months.  The flowers are not yet showing but I'm sure it wont be long... Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment