Monday 4 October 2010

My garden - What a sight for sore eyes

Managed to sell the green house and some bricks in the last week... the green house was too big for the size of our garden and with starting a gardening course and learning to draw a garden plan to scale i wanted a blank canvas.  I will be keeping some bricks as I reckon garden pots and pathway edges would be nice made by the brick material.  Not always your first choice but when your skint you have to make do!  Thought there were about 400 bricks from a broken down shed at the top of the garden BUT I was mistaken, lets say around the 1000 mark - more likely! 

The bricks are slowly going down and we managed to dig up some brambles and have a bit of a mini-bonfire Saturday night.  DAMN the brambles, anyone have any TIPS on killing the annoying things?

I have taken some clippings of the giant Fushia bushes growing wildly in the garden as they are beautiful and I want to replant them next year when they have matured.  I figured this way I can save some money and have my own "Craft Scrap Garden" - Do it yourself and make it your own.  The kitchen currently looks like a green house because its the warmest place to start a plant nursery :) I have got four Fushia Clippings, I will have a Virginia Creeper Clipping shortly and this weekend I will dig out more for my nursery and do my best at getting "Green Fingers"...

Just need to find out who has got a skip locally and see if they dont mind me nabbing some "Garden Craft Scrap"!

3 comments:

  1. I'll take one of those Fushia cuttings for my new garden, it's a lovely plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that your fushia in that picture if it is its beautiful x mum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw you as a gardener liss but nice to see you are putting your creative side to good use.

    hope you are well

    Matt

    ReplyDelete